About the Client
The Client is one of the largest force.com platform services providers.
As part of requirement elicitation meetings, user trainings and other meetings, the employees will have to travel a lot to client locations. During the course of these travels and meetings, they bill certain expenses to their Company. With nearly 200+ employees, the expense data that is generated periodically is not only huge but complex too. They have a Salesforce solution for this but this was not fitting all the needs of the company. They need a full fledged Expense Management System and one where, data must be synced with Salesforce objects based on which powerful reporting is possible.
- To be quickly able to switch to a ready-made Expenses Management Solution.
- They still need the data from that third party app in Salesforce.
- Evolving Concur Integration Adapter.
- Aggressive Timeline.
How we met them?
- We researched and found the suitable ready-made Expenses Management System that Client can easily switch to. This needed us to study the how the data in Salesforce is currently normalized. We found Concur to be best fit.
- There was the need to import Concur data into Salesforce with the potential of bringing data from other systems as well in future. As a scalable approach, we recommended the implementation of an Enterprise Application Integration tool (EAI) like Informatica Cloud. This also helped in keeping data between the systems in sync.
- Since Informatica’s Concur adapter was pretty amateur at the beginning, we collaborated with Informatica to resolve all issues with the adapter that is responsible for fetching data from Concur over to Salesforce.
- Quick turn around for Customer.
- Savings on upfront investment that would have incurred on an app from the scratch.
- Easy scalability due to middleware implementation.
- Little or no incremental costs.
- Date: 04 August, 2016
- Client: Confidential