About the Client
The client is a boutique money manager with over 2,500 clients and more than $3.0 billion in their care. Their goal is quite simply to create an investment plan that gets you where you want to go while still allowing their customers to sleep at night.
The client needed a system which could enable the profile managers to maintain the cash balance of the financial accounts and also trade on behalf of them. They needed to implement this on major scale where many customer facing representatives could create the trade plan and seek approval from their managers to proceed actual trading. The trading includes transaction like Buying/Selling and Exchange of shares. Thee transactions are first submitted to a Central Trading System from where the transactions are sent to custodian Systems.
- Designing a complete solution which involves identifying the teams in terms of Salesforce Queues to whom the the trading plan approval has to be sent and the actual integration with the Main Trading System that connects with various custodian systems to accomplish the transactions.
- Keeping Salesforce Data up-to-date like maintaining the Financial Accounts and synchronizing the Transactional data with that of real-time
How our team solved these?
- We have utilized the case object that can be linked to the Financial Account where the Customer’s cash balance is maintained. And many Trading transactions per request can be managed with a single Case record.
- Developed a very user friendly Interface where all the transactions can be validated before proceeding with actual transaction.
- We built an effective web-services integration in SF that takes care of communicating with Main Trading System.
The client is now able to perform Trading Transactions for their clients on a larger scale where the Transactions requests can be created by many but can be quickly reviewed and approved by a designated team. With this they have now multiplied their capacity to do transactions by 10 times.
- 3rd Party Trading System
- Date: 02 November, 2016
- Client: A Boutique Money Manager with over 2500 clients