About the Client:
Founded in 1997, the Client has focused primarily on creating patient safety software that comes in very useful to hospital staff. Their target was not only to provide best in class software, but quintessentially offer the best support services. At the core, the Client regarded their clients as friends and members of family!
The software product was well received by facilities, hospitals and private clinics. This required the Customer team to engage proactively in installation, training and support activities. Catering for updates that were specific to a facility or customizing the application features on demand was also offered as part of support.
The Customer co-ordinated most of the installation and training procedures on premise, whereas support requests were captured from phones or emails and then pushed into a backlog of respective Account (Hospitals/facilities or Private clinics in this case). However, with increase in number of clients, they required to scale up the approach of providing trainings and support.
The Customer already had an active Salesforce Enterprise Edition instance which was used for marketing activities & basic account management. Knowing about a variety of products and features that Salesforce.com offers, they started ideating on how they can use Salesforce.com capabilities to meet their goal of provisioning a better training and support to their clients.
Gauging the business needs into 2 major prospects i.e. Support and Training, we came across following challenges.
- The Customer had an inventory of training materials that contained lots of information around their product, it’s application flow, different use cases and scenarios. The training materials included documents, video logs and reference links. These materials were upgraded from time to time and yet their older versions were also required to be preserved. Maintaining these simply as documents or attachments did not seem a good approach.
- The Customer intended to provide real time support for assistance and troubleshooting any unknowns to end client users. Phone didnt seem to be the solution always as all these activities also had to be tracked within their system for auditing purposes. They needed an interactive approach through which end users can log their requests as well as seek instant assistance online.
- Last, but not the least, the Customer wanted to let their clients learn from each other’s experiences and publish that information so that it benefits all. They wanted the end users to stay updated with all that’s happening with their system.
Observing the business needs and challenges, Trekbin Team performed an exploratory research on available options to design and deliver an optimum solution. With some information mining from past experiences and envisioning the scalability options in future, Trekbin recommended to build a Customer Community that’s closely integrated with Service Cloud.
Salesforce Communities is an online platform that enables rich collaboration between employees, customers, partners, suppliers and distributors. Organisations can create fully-branded public or private communities that connect members directly with each other – and with relevant content, data and business processes.
Additionally to meet the needs of Training, Trekbin suggested to use Salesforce Knowlegde which is a knowledge base for creating and managing content. If Salesforce Knowledge is enabled in the Customer Portal or partner portal, customers and partners can access articles.
Trekbin was involved in designing need specific interfaces that allowed end users to easily perform following operations.
- Register and manage their profiles in this Support & Training community.
- Log support requests and stay notified when support request is processed/resolved.
- Review training materials specific to their products/features
- Review latest updates and trending topics published by Customer and bookmark favorite articles.
- No overhead costs for third party systems as Salesforce.com offered all necessary features.
- No overhead costs for building a support website as community home page presented all basic information.
- Ability to leverage both standard and custom capabilities of Salesforce.com thereby setting up a customer centric environment with desired look and feel.
- Training processes went auto-pilot.
- Support processed streamlined with reduced phone usage.
- A communication channel was flourished as the by product!
- Date: 01 August, 2016
- Client: Confidential